Introducing our new Sunflower Airport Membership — helping your airport redefine itself as a disability-inclusive space
Imagine a world where every airport is truly Sunflower-friendly. Join us to reshape the airport experience and foster a culture of inclusivity and accessibility for individuals with non-visible disabilities.
Together, we can empower Sunflower users to explore your airport with confidence, knowing that they will be supported every step of the way. Our goal is for everyone who uses the Sunflower to have the same effortless and inclusive journey at every airport that is a member of the global Sunflower network.
Championing accessibility for our Sunflower Community
Launching in early 2024, our new tailored Sunflower Airport Membership prompts airports to consider the diverse needs of individuals who use the Sunflower.Keep me informed
The new Sunflower Airport Membership includes:
From awareness to action
An update to our core Sunflower training to raise awareness and understanding of non-visible disabilities and support those using the Sunflower
Empowering airport staff with specialized Sunflower training: the airport space, security and customs, retail, and workplace inclusion.
Assess lasting change
The new Sunflower training introduces opportunities for participants to actively engage with the training material to measure its impact
With our tailored marketing and communications airport pack, you can unveil your Sunflower Airport as a destination for individuals with non-visible disabilities and conditions
Our informative guide helps you with the crucial step in introducing the Sunflower to your airport colleagues
Sunflower airport webinars
An invitation to attend the Airport Sunflower webinars and gain valuable insights on supporting individuals with non-visible disabilities in aiports
Where the Sunflower inspires action
Becoming a Sunflower Airport is more than just a title – it's a commitment to inclusivity. To be named as a Sunflower Airport, your airport will need to:
- Ensure 80% of your workforce completes the core Sunflower and the airport space training every year
- Display the Sunflower Airport Member badge on your website to let your passengers and visitors with non-visible disabilities know that you are a welcoming and inclusive airport
- Provide an easily accessible online guide about Hidden Disabilities Sunflower, where to find it and how it can support individuals with non-visible disabilities
- Remind your passengers and visitors that the Sunflower does NOT provide fast-track access
- Use clear and accessible signage in your airport to effectively communicate what the Sunflower represents and where people can find it
- Supply Sunflower lanyards and cards for free to those who require them
Once you have achieved this, you will be named one of our Sunflower Airports and be awarded our Silver badge.
That's just the start
We believe that embracing disability inclusion is a journey of continuous improvement. Starting with the Silver Award is a meaningful step towards creating a more accessible and inclusive environment. But why stop there? By aiming for the Gold and Platinum Awards, you can make an even greater impact on your passengers and visitors with non-visible disabilities.